Конспект урока «How well do you know Russian and British celebrations?» по английскому языку
«How well do you know Russian and British celebrations?»
1. What do Russian people celebrate on the 9th of May?
2. During what holiday do American people eat their traditional food: roast turkey?
3. What traditional celebration in Britain is connected with pumpkin?
4. What is the holiday when children put on spooky costumes, walk from house to house and ask “Trick or treat”?
5. What holiday is held in honors of the birth of Christ?
6. When do the British promise to try to be better themselves for the next period of their lives?
7. Guess what people usually wish to each other on holidays.
8. Name the holiday when Christians remember the death of Christ and his return to life?
9. On the 5-th of November people light fireworks and burn a guy on a bonfire. Name the holiday.
11. The first holiday of the year is …. Children always wait for Father Frost to come and give them a present.
12. It is on the 14 February. People send special cards to someone they love. Usually they don’t sign their names. The person who gets the card has to guess who sent it.
13. It is celebrated in spring. Flowers and cakes are the traditional gifts for all women. All women try to be nice and happy on this day.
14. It is the day when the school year traditionally starts in Russia.
This day also marks the end of summer and the beginning of autumn.
15. It is the most important holiday in our country. It is in spring. People have street parades in the day time and set off fireworks when it is dark.
16. People decorate the houses with bright lights and ornaments. They exchange postcards and gifts. Children like this holiday very much, because they always find presents early in the morning.
17. The traditional colours of this holiday are orange, black and yellow. Children dress up in costumes of skeletons, goblins, black cats and spiders. There are many jack-o-lanterns in the streets when it is dark.
18. On this holiday people say good-bye to winter. People cook pancakes with honey or sour-cream, they sing songs and dance.
19. It is the greatest Christian festival of the year. It is either in March or in April. On this day the churches are beautifully decorated. Children and their parents traditionally attend churches, usually wearing new spring clothes. People give each other eggs.
«True or false»
1. The British celebrate Halloween on the 31st of November.
2. In Britain the New Year is not widely celebrated as Christmas.
3. On the sixteenth of February people send postcards to someone they are in love with.
4. A traditional Christmas dinner is roast turkey, roast potatoes and Christmas pudding.
5. On 25 December people usually have picnics with their friends. 6. On Mother’s Day husbands and children help with the meals and washing up.
7. Sunflowers are the most common flowers given on St Valentine’s Day.
8. The First Foot is the first visitor to enter the house on New Year’s morning.
9. Long ago people in Russia celebrated the New Year on the 1-st of September.
1. star, present, postcard, dish
2. eggs, flowers, roast turkey, pumpkin
3. meal, Christmas tree, bells, firework
4. church, witch, costume, charity
5. crackers, disco, ghost, party
6. guest, food, heart, birthday
7. Festival, trick, bauble, garden
8. pancake, honey, sour cream, caviar
9. bonfire, lights, bauble, cracker
Здесь представлен конспект к уроку на тему «How well do you know Russian and British celebrations?», который Вы можете бесплатно скачать на нашем сайте. Предмет конспекта: Английский язык Также здесь Вы можете найти дополнительные учебные материалы и презентации по данной теме, используя которые, Вы сможете еще больше заинтересовать аудиторию и преподнести еще больше полезной информации.