Конспект урока «Oxford and Cambridge Universities» по английскому языку для 11 класса
Конспект урока английского языка в 11-м классе по теме
"Oxford and Cambridge Universities"
(Учебник Happy English.ru для 11класса авторы К. И.Кауфман, М.Ю. Кауфман )
повторение, обобщение и систематизация знаний учащихся по данной теме.
развитие речевых умений.
совершенствование грамматических навыков (герундий)
развитие умений извлекать из аудиотекста необходимую информацию.
способствовать формированию интереса к системе образования в Англии.
Оборудование: доска, проектор, упражнения с заданиями.
Приветствие, сообщение о теме и характере работы на данном уроке.
Good morning! I am very glad to see you and hope that you are ready for the lesson and you are in a good mood. Today the theme of our final lesson is "Oxford and Cambridge Universities". We’ll speak about these universities, watch video films about them and revise grammar material ( The Gerund). Let`s start.
2.Речевая разминка. Беседа с учащимися.
Teacher: Look at the screen. Before reading the texts and watch video films about Oxford and Cambridge let`s speak about education. There is a very good poem.
The more we learn – the more we know,
The more we know – the more we forget,
The more we forget – the less we know.
So why study?
So, “Why do you study? Why do you go to school?”, “Is education important?”
Finish the sentence, please.
Pupils: I go to school…
Teacher: Have we mentioned all the points? As I understood you go to school because it is necessary to learn and you will have exams this year.
3. Phonetic practice. Повторение пословиц и поговорок об учении.
Teacher: Now let’s remember proverbs and sayings about learning. Listen, repeat it after me and translate them.
Live and learn. - Век живи, век учись.
It’s never late to learn. - Учиться никогда не поздно.
Practice makes perfect. - Повторение – мать учения.
Learning is an eye in the mind. - Учение – свет, а не ученье - тьма.
Never put off till tomorrow what you can do today.- Никогда не откладывай на завтра то, что можешь сделать сегодня.
4. Чтение текста и выполнение упражнений по тексту.
Teacher: And now let`s check up your homework.
Let`s read the text Oxford and Cambridge Universities. Ex.3, p.48
Let’s do ex.4. Are these statements true, false or there is no information in the text.
Read the first sentence.
Ответы на вопросы по тексту.
Answer my questions, please.
1. Is Oxford older than Cambridge?
2. When was it founded?
3. Are these universities equally good?
4. What is the name of the competition between these two universities?
5. When did it start?
5. Просмотр видеофильмов.
Teacher: I want you to watch video films about Oxford and Cambridge. EF or English First is the largest private education company in the world that specializes in language training, study abroad and cultural exchange. This company has a lot of schools all over the world including Oxford and Cambridge.
The first film is about Oxford. While you were watching this film, listen to the speaker and be ready to answer the questions about Oxford.
1. When was Oxford University founded?
2. What famous people studied there?
3. What are the social meeting areas?
4. Where do the student`s live?
5. What do they usually do after classes?
The second film is about Cambridge.
1. Where is Cambridge situated?
2. Is it far from London?
3. What is Cambridge famous for?
4. Where do the students live and study?
5. What do the students enjoy doing on a sunny day?
Look at the screen. Let`s watch presentation about these universities.
Рассказы учащихся об Оксфорде и Кембридже.
Tell us about Oxford.
Tell us about Cambridge.
Teacher: Today at the lesson we have spoken a lot about Oxford and Cambridge and so let`s define what university town these sentences belong to. Have a look at the screen.
1. This university town is famous for its first-class education as well as its very beautiful buildings. (Oxford)
2. Some of the most intelligent men and women in the country live and work here. (Oxford)
3. In old times students were not allowed to play games, sing, hunt, fish, and dance. (Cambridge)
4. You can see many lovely gardens, where the students can read and relax in the summer months. (Oxford)
5. There are twenty-nine colleges in this town. (Cambridge)
6. It gives them what they need: a quiet atmosphere, friendly colleagues and the four-hundred-year-old library, which has about five million books. (Oxford)
7. Later the doors of colleges were opened to both men and women. (Cambridge)
8. The university now has thirty-five colleges and about thirteen thousand students, many of them from other countries. (Oxford)
9. Some Harry Porter scenes were filmed in the great Tudor dining hall. (Oxford)
10. 80 Nobel Prize winners studied at the University. (Cambridge)
7. Совершенствование грамматических навыков.
Teacher: Now let’s improve your grammar. Read the sentences and use the verbs in brackets in the correct form. You can do this exercise in your workbooks, ex.6, and page14.
A young girl who liked (play) the piano found out that a young critic Bernard Shaw would be (invite) to a party. The girl was found of (meet) famous people. She learned that most of all Shaw loved (be) in a good company and (listen) to good music. The girl did not have a good voice so (sing) was out of the question. She decided to please Shaw by (choose) some lovely piece of music and (play) it at the party. She enjoyed ( get) ready for the event and finally she left confident.
Almost all the guests ( arrive)and the girl had been playing the piano for half an hour when a young man (enter )the room. He was introduced to everybody as Bernard Shaw. The girl looked at him with admiration. She continued (play) the piano. Bernard Shaw kept (pay) no attention to the girl and started (talk) with one of the guests. The young girl disliked (be) ignored. Attracting Shaw`s attention was her dream, but she did not know how to do it.
Finally she turned to Shaw and said loudly:" Excuse me, I have heard that you are fond of (listen) to good music."
"I am," answered Bernard Shaw, "but never mind! Go on (play)"
Now let’s check up. Read the sentences, please and explain your choice.
8.Подведение итогов занятия, домашнее задание.
Teacher: I think that you have known a lot about Oxford and Cambridge universities so who wants to tell us about them briefly?
Рассказ ученика об Оксфорде и Кембридже.
Your homework is: Ex.1, p.49 Get ready for your project” A World of Opportunities”
Thank you for your good work! The lesson is over .Good bye.
Здесь представлен конспект к уроку на тему «Oxford and Cambridge Universities», который Вы можете бесплатно скачать на нашем сайте. Предмет конспекта: Английский язык (11 класс). Также здесь Вы можете найти дополнительные учебные материалы и презентации по данной теме, используя которые, Вы сможете еще больше заинтересовать аудиторию и преподнести еще больше полезной информации.