Тест «Choose the right tense» по английскому языку
Тест на тему «Choose the right tense»
1. … she (belong) to this family?
a) Does … belong; b) Is … belonging.
2. I am thirsty. I (want) something to drink.
a) am wanting; b) want
3. I (feel) hungry. Let’s go somewhere to eat.
a) am feeling; b) feel.
4. It (rain) hard today, and the children (stay) at home all time.
a) rains; are staying; b) is raining; are staying.
5. … you (believe) in miracles?
a) Are … believing; b) Do … believe.
6. Do you see who (sit) in the room?
a) is sitting; b) sits
7. I used to drink tea, but today I (prefer) coffee.
a) prefer; b) am preferring.
8. He (think) about his old parents. Don’t bother him.
a) thinks; b) is thinking.
9. … you (see) that lady over there?
a) Do … see; b) Are … seeing.
10. Who is that gentleman? What he (want)?
a) does … want; b) is … wanting
11. I can’t understand why he (be) so rude.
a) is being; b) is.
12. “... you (mind) my smoking?”- I (not/mind) it a bit.
a) Do … mind; don’t mind; b) Are … minding; am not minding.
13. Do you know who (own) this house?
a) is owning; b) owns
Present Perfect or Past Simple?
1. Gemma can’t find her keys. She (lose) them.
a) has lost; b) lost
2. The police (arrest) two men in connection with the robbery.
a) arrested; b) have arrested
3. A. Christie (write) more than seventy novels.
a) wrote; b) has written
4. I (watch) this film when I was a child.
a) watched; b) have watched
5. I (work) very hard this term. I need a rest.
a) worked; b) have worked
6. I (not / enjoy) this film. It was boring.
a) didn’t enjoy; b) have not enjoyed
7. “When … it (begin) snowing?” – “About an hour ago.”
a) has begun; b) did … begin
8. “... you (pass) your exams?” – “Not yet.”
a) Have … passed; b) Did… pass
9. … you (drive) a car before? You are nervous.
a) Did drive; b) Have driven
10. She (not / see) mom this morning. What about you?
a) didn’t see; b) hasn’t seen
11. I (talk) to him yesterday but we (not / talk) today.
a) talked; haven’t talked; b) haven’t talked; didn’t talk
12. “… she (finish) her report?” – “I’m sure, she (do) it.
a) Did… finish; did; b) Has … finished; has done
13. “How long … they (know) each other? – “I am not sure, I know.”
a) have … known; b) did … know
Present Progressive or Present Perfect Progressive?
1. You look tired. … you (work) all day?
a) Are … working; b) Have … been working
2. ”How long … you (learn) Russian?” – “I still (learn) it.”
a) have … been learning; am … learning; b) are learning; have been … learning
3. “... it (snow)?” – “Come up to the window and see.”
a) Has… been snowing; b) Is … snowing.
4. “How long … we (fly)?” – “For three hours already.”
a) have … been flying; b) are … flying
5. I (look) for you since morning. Where have you been?
a) have been looking; b) am looking
6. Hurry up! They (wait) for us.
a) have been waiting b) are waiting
7. My blouse is not clean. I (paint) the photo frame.
a) am painting b) have been painting.
8. What language … they (speak)? Listen.
a) are … speaking; b) have … been speaking
9. “... you (wait) long, Jane?” – “Actually, not very long.”
a) Have … been waiting b) Are waiting
10. “What … they do?” – “They (draw).”
a) are … doing; are drawing; b) have… been doing; have been drawing
11. You look upset. What … you (think) about?
a) are … thinking; b) have been thinking
12. She (talk) on the phone for half an hour already.
a) has been talking; b) is talking
13. What … you (do) since Monday?
a) have … been doing; b) are … doing
D. Present Perfect or Present Perfect Progressive?
1. How long … you (read) this book?
Have … been reading; b) have … read
2. “Is it still raining?” – “No, it (stop).”
has been stopping; b) has stopped
3. How long ... you (teach) English?
a) have … been teaching; b) have taught
4. “Are you in touch with them?” - “They (not / phone) me yet, since we met on Monday.”
a) have not been phoning; b) have not phoned
5. You shouldn’t go out, because it (rain) all day.
a) has been raining; b) has rained
6. We (not / been) to the south for ages.
a) have not been being; b) haven’t been
7. His house is rather old. How long … he (live) there.
a) has … lived; b) has … been living
8. Jack gave up smoking. He (not / smoke) for a year.
a) hasn’t smoked; b) hasn’t been smoking
9. “... you ever (swim) in the ocean?” – “Never.”
a) Have … swum; b) Have … been swimming
10. I (read) the book you gave me but my sister (not / finish) it yet.
a) have read; hasn’t finished; b) have read; haven’t been finishing
11. You work at school. How long … you (work) there?
a) have … been working; b) have worked
12. How long … you (have) your English lessons?
a) have … had; b) have … been having
13. ”Mom (bring) some oranges today. Where are they?”
a) has been bringing; b) has brought
KEYS: A. 1-a) 2-b) 3-b) 4-a) 5-b) 6-a) 7-a) 8-b) 9-a) 10-a) 11-b) 12-a) 13-b)
B. 1-a) 2-b) 3-b) 4-a) 5-b) 6-a) 7-b) 8-a) 9-b) 10-b) 11-a) 12-b) 13-a)
C. 1-b) 2-a) 3-b) 4-a) 5-a) 6-b) 7-b) 8-a) 9-a) 10-a) 11-a) 12-a) 13-a)
В. 1-a) 2-b) 3-a) 4- b) 5-a) 6-b) 7-b) 8-b) 9-a) 10-a) 11a) 12-a) 13-b)
Здесь представлены материалы теста на тему «Choose the right tense», которые могут быть просмотрены в онлайн режиме или же их можно бесплатно скачать. Предмет теста: Английский язык (все классы). Также здесь Вы найдете подборку тестов на схожие темы, что поможет в еще лучшей подготовке к тестированию.