Конспект урока «New Zealand» по английскому языку для 11 класса
Ананьева Оксана Николаевна
КГУ «Средняя школа №7» г. Усть-Каменогорск
Учитель английского языка
Theme: New Zealand.
Grade: the 11-th form
The aims of the lesson:
Educational: to expand the geographic and encyclopedic knowledge about New Zealand.
Developing: to develop skills of monologue speech, listening to Comprehension.
Up-bringing: to form the skill to work in a team, to increase the motivation to study subjects, show practical importance of obtained knowledge; to bring up respect to the facts of the foreign language culture, way of life in the country of the target language.
The type of the lessons: lesson of getting new information
Visual aids: multimedia projector, computer, video “New Zealand”, list of evaluation, map, text, presentation, test.
Connection with other subjects: Geography, History
The procedure of the lesson:
Organization Stage. Physical Warm –up.
The city of Wellington.
Wellington has been the capital of New Zealand since 1865. It is one of the busiest port. It is situated at the southern end of North Island. The population of Wellington is about 350 thousand people. The New Zealand parliament and government buildings are situated in Wellington. It also has an international airport. In the suburbs of Wellington there are important machine-building plants and factories. They produce milk, meat, wool and tobacco.
Retelling the text, using the method “Snowball”.
1. Wellington has been the capital…
2. It is one of…
3. It is situated at…
4. The population of Wellington…
5. The New Zealand parliament and government buildings…
6. It also has…
7. In the suburbs of Wellington there are…
8. They produce…
III. Definition of objectives.
Watch the video and determine the theme and aims of the lesson.
What is the theme of our lesson?
What are we going to speak about?
What are we going to study?
1. Geographical Position
3. Big cities, territories, population
5. Political system
IV. The presentation of the new material.
Group work. Working with the text.
Task 1: -Choose the topic you will study. Sit down with the students who will study the same topic. Study your topic.
- Return to your group and tell your classmates about your topic.
“Jigsaw” (students in 5 groups study their topic, then they return to their group and explain the material of their topic, the rest complete the chart)
1. New Zealand is situated south –east of Australia. The country consists of three large islands called North Island, South Island and Stewart Island and also many small islands. It is washed by the Tasman Sea and the Pacific Ocean
2. New Zealand is a self-governing state and a member of the Commonwealth. The Governor-General represents the King or the Queen of England. The Parliament of the country consists of the House of Representatives. The Prime Minister heads the cabinet. The main political parties are the Labour Party and the National Party of New Zealand.
3. New Zealand’s natural resources are not rich- timber, coal, natural gas, iron, building materials and fast rivers on which hydro-electric stations have been built. The country produces goods of different kinds both for her own needs and for export.
4. The climate in New Zealand is warm and the greater part of the country is well watered. The north of the North Island is subtropical but not too hot. The east and north of both islands have a lot of sunny days, but much rain falls on the west coast.
5. The main cities are Wellington (the capital), Auckland, Christchurch, Dunedin. The population of New Zealand is over tree million people, more than two thirds of whom live in North Island. About 50 percent live in the four cities of Auckland, Christchurch, Dunedin and Wellington.
Task 2: -Complete the chart:
Big cities, territorial division, population
Task 3: Answer my questions:
1. Where is New Zealand situated?
2. What islands does it occupy?
3. What Ocean and sea is it washed by?
4. What is the capital of New Zealand?
5. What are the big cities?
6. What is the population?
7. What is the climate?
9. What is the Parliament consists of?
10. Who represents the Queen of England?
Task 4: make a poster “New Zealand”
-Let’s listen to the groups.
-Tell some words about projects.
-Put down the marks to the opposite groups in the list of evaluation.
1. New Zealand is an island country washed by …
a) the Indian and the Pacific Oceans b) the Indian Ocean c) the Tasman Sea and the Pacific Ocean
2. The country consists of … large islands and a lot of small islands.
a) three b) two c) six
3. The capital is …
a) Christchurch , b) Wellington c) Auckland
4. Who represents the Queen of England?
a) Prime Minister b) Governor-General c) President
5. The Parliament consists of …
a) the Senate and the House of Representatives b) the House of Representatives c) the House of Commons and the Senate
6. What is the population of New Zealand?
a) over 8 million people b) over 3 million people c) over 6 million people
7. The climate of the country is….
a) warm b) hot c) cold
Keys: 1 –c, 2-a, 3- b, 4- b, 5-b, 6- b, 7- a
V. Evaluation. Reflection.
VI. Homework: learn lexics by heart, be ready to speak about New Zealand
Здесь представлен конспект к уроку на тему «New Zealand», который Вы можете бесплатно скачать на нашем сайте. Предмет конспекта: Английский язык (11 класс). Также здесь Вы можете найти дополнительные учебные материалы и презентации по данной теме, используя которые, Вы сможете еще больше заинтересовать аудиторию и преподнести еще больше полезной информации.